Food Processing Technologies
What Are Cookies
Cookies are small text files that the websites that you visit place on your computer (usually your browser), where they are stored and then sent back to the same websites the next time you visit them. No important or sensitive data is exchanged via cookies.
Types of Cookies
Cookies can be divided into different categories: technical cookies, statistical cookies, profiling cookies, 'first-party' cookies, 'third-party' cookies.
‘Technical or Necessary’ Cookies
Technical or necessary cookies are cookies used (i) for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communication network, or (ii) to the extent as strictly necessary in order that a service provider of an information company may deliver a service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user.” They are not used for further purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the website.
They can be divided into:
- navigation or session cookies, which ensure normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, users to make a purchase or authenticate themselves in order to access restricted areas);
- statistical cookies, which are similar to technical cookies if they are created and used directly by the ‘first party’ website to improve user experience or by ‘third parties’ and if tools are adopted to reduce the identifying power of cookies (for example, by masking significant portions of the IP) and the ‘third party’ undertakes not to cross-reference the information contained in the cookies with other information it already has
- functionality or preference cookies, which allow users to navigate according to a set of selected criteria (e.g. language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided to them.
Profiling cookies - These cookies are aimed at creating user-related profiles and are often used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user during web navigation.
‘First party’ Cookies
'First party' cookies include cookies that are managed directly by the website operator.
‘Third party’ Cookies
‘Third party’ cookies include cookies that are set and managed by parties unrelated to the website being visited by the user.
‘Lifetime’ or Duration of a Cookie
A cookie can be defined as 'session' or 'persistent' in relation to its permanence or storage duration. The duration of ‘session’ cookies is linked to the browsing session, whereas ‘persistent’ cookies can last a long time, but can be removed by the user at any time.
Managing and Removing Cookies
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies automatically by default. If you wish, you can disable this setting directly from your browser. If you use different devices to access this website (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.), you will need to ensure that your device's browser is set to suit your cookie preferences.
Below is a list with more detailed information on how to disable cookies in relation to the main browsers:
- disabling cookies on Chrome
- disabling cookies on Firefox
- disabling cookies on Safari
- disabling cookies on Internet Explorer
- disabling cookies on Opera
- disabling cookies on Edge
- disabling cookies on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Notwithstanding the above, you may use the information provided by EDAA (EU), Network Advertising Initiative (US),Digital Advertising Alliance (US), DAAC (Canada) or other similar services. These services allow you to manage the tracking preferences of most advertising tools.
The Data Controller, therefore, recommends you use such resources in addition to the information provided in this document.
We do not use profiling cookies on this website, but those described below.
They help make the website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation or remembering consent to cookies given in the banner. This website will not operate correctly without these cookies.
Description: cookie required to use the website
Duration: browsing session
Description: stores the status of cookie consent
Duration: 12 months
DE DANIELI S.a.s. - Via Alessandro Volta 17 - 35020 Legnaro (Padova)
T +39 049 641440 - Email
VAT IT 02260480286